Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Pancho's, Genoa City, WI


Dyeing and knitting on the Road ...

For some time, my husband and I have been chatting about starting a blog.  We thought - maybe someone (will read this) and might enjoy our wanderings. Added bonus, we could send a little business to the folks we met along the way.  If anything, we both would enjoy the drive.

Rules for the Road:
  • local, short trips, 3-4 hours, starting point Richmond, Illinois (longer trips would be okay too)
  • no big box stores or restaurants
  • if something looked interesting, we would stop (Everyone's dream, right? How many times have you said, "Stop the car!" for a picture, farm stand, just a look?
  • And, of course, we might share real estate too - we are always looking for our next home!
So, let's Go!
First up:

Pancho's Burrito Veloz, Genoa City, Wisconsin
Family run, Mexican cuisine, no more than 10 minutes from Downtown Richmond.  I recommend the enchiladas and the tamales and certainly the strawberry margaritas - Large, yes please!



Summer drives, fair weather drives are done in the husband's Vette.  After dinner, we continued on to Main Street, Genoa City.  I love this building, currently occupied by Krumpen Woodworks, Inc.  I adore the brick work especially because it looks like it was just sandblasted.


The side door really caught my eye as I'm ruminating on a new chicken coop color.  Do you think this looks like Benjamin Moore's French Beret?   Looking at Pinterest, it's not quite the color I was looking for.


I like the Graphite color but I'm looking for a bit more green…..

Disclaimer: We are not food professionals by any means, rather, we just want to share local businesses.


No comments:

Post a Comment