Saturday, September 26, 2015

Walworth, WI

Cruising North from Richmond, Illinois, West through Genoa City and following Route B - you can take a lovely drive. It doesn't take long before farmhouses, corn fields, cows, and the miscellaneous creek (or do you say crick?) are part of the landscape. We recently discovered two gems in Walworth. Located on the West side of Lake Geneva, the sleepy town is host to summer tourists and winter outdoor enthusiasts but without the crowds of sister, Lake Geneva.  What gems did we discover?

The first, being on the hunt for chalk pain, we stumbled upon Angelus.


This is a huge place with an equally eclectic collection of vintage and newer items.  I loved these old lighted wagon wheels, painted and decked out with fairy lights.  Perhaps, when our front entrance is renovated, we can figure out a place for one? 




Sections of the store are separated into vinnettes - kitchen, bedroom, garden - each more fascinating than the last. They also have workshops!  Gotta love a great class. They are closed on Tuesdays so plan accordingly.

Because we were hungry, when aren't we? We went looking for food and found Sammy's on the Square in Walworth.  I cannot tell you how absolutely delicious the Swedish pancakes are here.  Truly.  I dream about them.  Since we've been once, I've tried other Swedish pancakes and they just don't compare.  Sammy's are melt in your mouth awesome!  You just have to try them. 



I wanted to check back with y'all (borrowed from my sister in North Carolina - and too much Fixer Upper) about the color choice of my chicken coop.  Here it is, freshly painted and it is perfect! Just what I wanted.  Paint Color: Behr, Paint & Primer, Midnight in New York.


Disclaimer: To be honest, I might say y'all from time to time, but when I was watching The Closer, I couldn't stop saying "Thank you" without sounding like Kyra Sedgwick.

No comments:

Post a Comment