Saturday, September 19, 2015

Kenosha's HarborMarket and Fiddlehead


The air was crisp this morning and after the storm clouds skipped on, we had brilliant skies. There is an urgency to our outdoor activities - everyone knows cold is coming ... but not yet.  We took a ride, heading east on Route 50 into Kenosha turning into Kenosha's HarborMarket from 3rd Avenue.  If you've never travelled this way, it's worth parking the car and taking a stroll.  Beautiful homes with Lake Michigan sparkling in the background, gorgeous.

We've been unable to fit the HarborMarket into our Saturday schedule so today we simply made it happen.  Flowers, brats, mushrooms, snow cones, a Tomato Contest, more flowers, handmade soap, turned wood bowls, more flowers, the list goes on an on.  I have to say, I've never seen homegrown carrots so large!  

Surrounded by park, lake and sailboats, we leisurely strolled along the stalls.


We had other errands to do this morning so I wasn't able to purchase the flowers …. I wonder if I can squeeze in one more trip before they close for the season?


Not one to miss a knitting store opportunity, I made a pitstop in at Fiddlehead Yarns.   One of the local yarn stores that I visit frequently (ahem), I stopped in today and was admiring the color choices of the Jamieson's wool.   I plan on getting out my knitter's graph paper and some colored pencils and start playing around … I've had a big love affair with green recently.


I recently finished my Moebius Cowl #28 and am rather obsessed with fair isle patterns.  And since obsession turns to research in my case, I came across the Peerie Flooers by Kate Davies and have now started following her. Have you seen her wedding dress? Oh my glory!

Not only does she have the creme' de la creme' of wedding dresses, she made a button bouquet, her groom's cabled socks and so much more. It's worth a look - several actually - I sigh in admiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment